If we don’t use the chain saw for a long time, we need to keep it carefully before placing it in order to extend the service life of the chain saw. How should we store it? Today, afterburner will specifically introduce the storage method of the chain saw that has not been used for a long time and the maintenance method of the chain saw during use. I hope it can help you.
How to keep the chain saw unused for a long time
1. Thoroughly clean the entire chain saw, especially the cylinder fins and air filter of the chain saw, and wipe the surface of the chain saw with a cloth moistened with oil.
2. Put the chain saw in a ventilated place to empty the gasoline tank and clean it.
3. Dry the chain saw carburetor, otherwise the pump membrane of the chain saw carburetor will stick and affect the next start.
4. Empty the fuel in the fuel tank of the chain saw, and then start the chain saw engine to allow the chain saw engine to work until it automatically shuts down.
5. Remove the chain and guide plate of the chain saw, clean and inspect it, and spray with protective oil.
6. Fill the chain saw lubricating oil tank.
7. Remove the spark plug of the chain saw and pour a little engine oil into the cylinder. After pulling the engine 2-3 times with the starting rope of the chain saw, install the spark plug of the chain saw and pull the starting rope of the chain saw again to stop it at a position where it feels strong (compression top dead center).
8. Place the chain saw engine in a dry, well-ventilated location away from heat sources or open flames.
9. The chain saw should be kept in a dry and safe place to prevent use by unrelated persons (such as children).
10. If the chain saw is not to be used for a long time, wash the chain with a brush and store it in the oil sump.
The maintenance of the chain saw during use is directly related to the service life of the chain saw.